Nothing says summer like a big, fresh, vegetable packed salad. The secret to feeling satisfied with a salad is making sure you pair it up with a source of quality protein, heart-healthy fats and delicious seasoning. The sweet cinnamon roasted pumpkin paired with the texturised seeds in this dish adds a tasty kick that is sure to leave you feeling more than satisfied!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup pumpkin, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 zucchini, spiralised
- 1 carrot, spiralised
- 1 baby beetroot, spiralised
- 1 corn cob, quartered
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 8 chicken tenderloins, grilled
- 1 cos lettuce, roughly torn
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin/sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, smashed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Dice pumpkin, lightly cover in EVOO, cinnamon, season well and roast until soft and lightly brown.
- Spiralise zucchini, carrot and beetroot.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil and lightly steam corn. Once steamed, remove corn kernels and set aside.
- On a hot barbeque plate, grill chicken tenderloins for 2 minutes each side. Rest for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, toss together cos lettuce, cherry tomatoes and seeds.
- Add pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, beetroot, capsicum and corn kernels.
- Top with grilled chicken, smashed avocado and season well.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.