If you’ve been following TNN for a while you would know avocados are a staple ingredient on our shopping list and for good reason. Not only are they delicious (duh!), avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fat which is a concentrated source of energy and therefore blood sugar and insulin steadying. Including the right types of fat in your diet is the key to energy, satiety and weight control.
These Turmeric Avocado Chips will take you just a few minutes to prepare and are a fantastic side dish to your choice of protein and vegetables. Kick your deep fried chip cravings to the curb and give these a go!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs, free range, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, optional
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Paleo Mayo
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut avocados in half, remove pip and slice into 1cm wedges.
- Place eggs in a bowl and combine almond meal, quinoa flakes and spices in a second plate. Coat avocado lightly in flour then dip into egg mixture to coat. Coat wedges in dry mix and place on prepared tray.
- Drizzle lightly with oil and season with salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning halfway.
- Serve chips immediately with lime wedges and Paleo Mayo.