Plant-based, egg free eaters we hear you – low carbohydrate, homemade bread should be accessible to you too and that’s why we have created this delicious Vegan Savoury Loaf. Who would have thought you could get your bread and vegetable fix all in one!
Give this loaf a go, toast a couple of slices and top with your favourites toppings.
Ingredients (Makes 10 slices/5 serves)
- 2 chia eggs
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), melted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1/3 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the chia eggs by mixing 2 tablespoons chia seeds with 6 tablespoons water in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
- To make the dough, add chia eggs, almond meal, nutritional yeast, zucchini, baking powder, oil and salt into a food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Add pepitas, sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts and pulse until just combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased bread tin.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden on top and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Best served warm with a light spread of tahini or grass fed butter.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.