Here at TNN we believe that it is important to eat with the seasons and are making the most of the in season humble zucchini. Just like the seasons change, so do our palate. No one likes to eat the same thing day in day out 365 days a year, however when you walk into any supermarket you can be assured that you will find the same produce available all year around. Eating seasonally is not only sustainable but it also ensures you are eating a varied diet and allows nature to support your body’s needs as it is intended to.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 rashers pasture-raised bacon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 eggs, free range
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 zucchinis, spiralised
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a frypan over medium heat and add half the butter. Once melted add bacon, onion and garlic and fry for about 4-6 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the eggs, coconut milk, parmesan cheese, capers and parsley. Whisk together and season well.
- Return the frypan to a medium heat and add remaining butter. Once melted add the zucchini noodles and sauté for 1 minute and return the bacon mixture to the pan.
- Turning the heat down to low, slowly pour the egg and milk mixture into the pan. Ensure you stir the mixture in quickly so that the mixture forms a sauce, rather than a scramble! Season well and serve immediately, topping with additional parsley if desired.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.