Gluten free, refined sugar free, fructose free, dairy free and nut free. Yes, these are free from everything except taste. I hope you find them delicious, suitable for your intolerances and/or appropriate for your children to take to school. I’d love to hear what you think.
Ingredients (Makes 10-12)
- 250g sunflower seeds
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder (I love Bare Blends!)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra virigin coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- Blend seeds, protein powder, cinnamon and vanilla and transfer into a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add the tahini, cacao, coconut oil and rice malt syrup and combine until a consistent mixture forms.
- Use an ice cream scoop or spoon and form balls that sit nicely in the palm of your hand. To prevent sticking, add a touch of coconut oil to your hands first.
- Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- For a low-carb version, use 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup + 2 teaspoons natvia (available from the baking aisle of your local supermarket). Just as delicious in my opinion.
- Coconut flakes also work nicely here. Add them in, or use them as an alternative to protein powder. Add ½ cup to the blender in step 1.
- For appearance, these would look great rolled in sesame seeds.
On instagram? Follow me – @thenaturalnutritionist – and post your creations there. I just love seeing what you make. Don’t forget to tag me in so I don’t miss a beat!