This is my new favourite breakfast. Nourishing, delicious and portable – perfect if you’re a little time poor in the morning. For more information on quinoa, read this.
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 big splash of water (preferably filtered)
1 tablespoon of all/your choice of the following:
- Pea protein powder
- Coconut flakes
- Cashew nuts, crushed or finely chopped
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Coconut/Greek yogurt
- Nut Butter
- Rice malt syrup
- In a glass jar or airtight container, combine quinoa flakes, milk and water.
- Add your choice of ingredients and stir well, before refrigerating overnight.
- Serve chilled and topped with any more of the above ingredients. I like to add a touch more coconut yogurt and a sprinkle of cashews for extra crunch. Enjoy.
Have you got your copy of The Real Food Athlete?
Nutrition for performance, recovery, fat adaptation and athlete longevity.
Includes over 75 nutrient dense and delicious recipes, even an athlete who “doesn’t cook” can make!