My original Breakfast Muffins were a huge hit. These are a savoury spin, with bacon, that also turn perfectly into a bread. Perfect for breakfast in a flash and they double as a snack if required. You’re welcome.
Ingredients (Makes 8)
- 2½ cups almond/hazelnut meal*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 4 eggs, free range
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 zucchini, grated
- ½ cup grated sweet potato
- 2 rashers bacon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To a large bowl, add almond/hazelnut meal, baking powder, salt and ACV.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add to the above.
- Add melted butter and grated vegies.
- Finely chop bacon and fry off in coconut oil. Add to the bowl and combine well.
- Transfer into lightly greased muffin trays and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and firm to touch. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days and freeze well.
*I haven’t tried a nut free version yet, but please feel free to experiment. It’s on my list too.