Zucchini is one of my favourite vegetables. It is packed full of potassium, folate and vitamin A, and very adaptable for both sweet and savoury uses. Zucchini is the perfect addition to gluten and grain free baking, as it creates a moist, cake-like texture and helps increase the consistency of the end result. This Savoury Zucchini Bread is delicious served warm with butter and the perfect accompaniment to mashed avocado and poached eggs. Do yourself a favour and give it a try.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup linseed, sunflower & almond meal (LSA)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blend almond flour, LSA and salt in a large bowl. Sift in coconut flour and baking powder.
- Separate eggs and whisk whites well. Add to the bowl with separately whisked yolks*.
- Add the melted oil and ACV and mix thoroughly.
- Stir through zucchini and scoop into a greased bread tin and bake for 30 minutes**.
- Cool, slice into 12 serves & enjoy!
*Separating your eggs is not essential, but it helps your bread rise. If you are using small eggs, you may need 5.
**A narrow bread tin works best to give your bread more height and better sized slices.