Inspired by Lee at Supercharged Food, this is one of my favourite meals to cook up on Sunday. It will make 6-8 serves, so it’s perfect for Monday lunch and the leftovers can be frozen for mid-week dinners – ideal after a long day at work or a late night training session. It’s fantastic with a side salad or lightly steamed greens. Delicious, high protein and gluten free!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g lean beef mince, organic if possible
- 400g canned diced tomatoes (100% tomatoes)
- 1 sachet tomato paste (no salt added)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and heat the oil in a large pan. Saute the garlic over a medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the mince and cook for five minutes, breaking up any lumps in the meat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, chilli flakes, herbs and spices and cook over a low heat until the excess liquid evaporates. Stir through the grated zucchini at the very last minute.
- While the above mixture is cooking, steam the cauliflower florets until soft.
- Mash the florets with the butter and a few grinds of salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mince mixture into an 18cm baking dish, spreading until level.
- Gently spoon the mash over the top and press firmly until even.
- Bake for 20 minutes and finish under the grill so the top is crispy and brown. Enjoy!