Our Spicy Carrot and Coconut Soup makes 4 portions and with just a few key ingredients, costs less than $2.00 per serve. The addition of turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and fresh chilli makes it nourishing, healing and warming. Just perfect for cooler days.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg carrots, thoroughly washed & roughly chopped
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 400ml can coconut cream
- Greek yogurt (optional)
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat ghee in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add water and carrots, herbs and spices. Simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes or until carrots are very soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth and return to saucepan, add coconut cream and heat slowly until hot. Taste test and feel free to add more spice if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Delicious.
For more soup ideas, check out our: