With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, the first thing that comes to mind is chocolate and what’s even better than chocolate? Our Sugar Free Nutella – made from just 5 ingredients and tastes just as cheeky as the real thing!
We’ve said it once before and we’ll say it again – eating real food doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your favourite foods. This recipe is even SIBO Phase 2 approved (a 2 tablespoon serve).
If you haven’t added these ingredients to your shopping list, we highly recommend you do and surprise someone special this Valentine’s Day.
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scatter hazelnuts evenly onto tray and bake for 8 minutes, tossing half way to ensure they are evenly heated through.
- Once they begin to brown, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Remove the skin of the hazelnuts by using your hands and rubbing until it comes loose. Repeat until all skin has been removed (don’t stress if a small amount makes its way into the mix).
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and blend until an oily crumble forms. Add in remaining ingredients and blend to combine until a spread consistency forms.
- Transfer into an airtight jar and serve with strawberries or use as you would any other delicious spread.
- Store at room temperature and consume within 14 days.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.