Don’t get me wrong, I love cheese, but the reality is that it’s not the most nutrient dense food selection. If you buy good quality organic cheese, then it’s a great occasional treat, but not something to rely on for your daily protein or fat intake. Right now I’m having a break from dairy all together, so I whipped up this Super Easy Cashew Cheese as a pizza night is not complete without it. Just perfect dolloped on top of a chicken and pesto pizza with a sweet potato crust (recipe coming soon). Enjoy.
- 1 cup raw cashews*, soaked until soft
- ¼ cup water, ideally filtered
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Once cashews are soaked and drained, simply blend all ingredients in your Vitamix** until smooth.
- Transfer into an airtight container and store in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Perfect dolloped on pizza or baked potato, or as a dip, spread or dressing. What will you start with?
*Cashews provide the creamy texture needed for this dairy free cheese, so the same result won’t occur with other nuts.
**If you don’t own a Vitamix, please try your high speed blender but unfortunately I can’t guarantee the same result.