Today we are diving into the archives and sharing with you this divine Sweet Potato Brownie. Make a batch for the office to avoid the sugar that so often comes with Easter and take a batch to your family barbecue – your guests will never know it’s packed full of nutrients as well as being gluten and refined sugar free!
- 1 whole medium sweet potato
- 2 cups almonds*
- 5 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- Peel and roughly chop sweet potato. Boil until soft and set aside to cool. (I often do this step the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight, but it is not essential).
- In a blender, grind almonds, cacao and salt. Pour into a mixing bowl and add coconut oil and rice malt syrup. Combine thoroughly.
- Mash sweet potato and add to the mixing bowl. Fold through and stir well.
- Pour into a lightly greased or lined rectangular pan and pressed down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze or refrigerate, as it is delicious frozen and served at room temperature. If frozen, removed from the freezer for five minutes before slicing, allowing the coconut oil to melt a little. Makes 10-12 slices. Enjoy.
Image: Sarah Craven Photography.