I shared this on instagram last week and it sparked quite the conversation…
I couldn’t stop at 10, so here are the top 12 myths of the last five decades – forever known as the Nutrition Hall of Shame. What did I miss? Are there any you are surprised about?
- Calories are all that matter.
- Eat every 2-3 hours to speed up your metabolism.
- Sugar is healthy and will curb your hunger.
- Fat will make you fat.
- Saturated fat causes heart disease.
- Eggs are unhealthy.
- Use magarine instead of butter.
- Canola oil is heart healthy.
- Salt causes high blood pressure.
- Drink milk for strong bones.
- Follow the Heart Foundation Tick.
- Follow the Health Star Rating.
If you’re confused about nutrition and/or have been told by your doctor to avoid certain foods for heart health, book a complimentary 15 minute consultation with a TNN Nutritionist here: bit.ly/tnnonline. We’ve been busting myths since 2011 and are always here to help.