As the temperature decreases in Australia, so to does our desire for salads and smoothies. This Warm Cauliflower and Fennel Salad is the perfect way to make the transition to warmer meals, and ensure you are also eating seasonally. This recipe is designed for one and requires the addition of protein – I love mine with a crispy skin salmon fillet for a simple and nourishing mid-week meal.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- ½ small cauliflower
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets and fennel into quarters.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Toss cauliflower and fennel through until each piece is coated well.
- Place on a baking try and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip and continue to roast for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve alongside your protein choice and enjoy.
Like this recipe? Find this and many more The Real Food Athlete, available here.