With the barbeque season upon us, we thought that it was perfect timing to share our favourite Avocado & Spinach Dip as featured in Real Food Family. Teamed with Steph’s Low Carb Seed Crackers or your favourite vegetable sticks, this dip makes a great snack to share with family and friends.
Ingredients (Makes 2+ cups)
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 50g spinach
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. If you would like the dip to be a thinner consistency, please add in a tablespoon of water as you process the ingredients.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.