These Coconut & Lemon Bites are the perfect snack, packed full of good fats for stable energy supply, blood sugar control and brain fuel. You can whip these up in under 10 minutes and satisfy your cravings instantly!
Ingredients (Makes ~ 10 balls)
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons Melrose Kick Start MCT Oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla essence
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup desiccated coconut and almond meal to the mix and stir until it forms a dough-like texture.
- Begin to create bites by using your hands to roll the mixture into round balls and coat with remaining coconut.
- Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.