Turn up the heat with this healthy and delicious curry! Full of flavour and low in carbohydrates, this is a great dish to get extra vegetables into your day and will leave you feeling satisfied. We hope you enjoy our take on Red Chicken Curry as much as we do.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 red chillies
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, plus extra for cooking
- 400g can coconut milk
- 400g can coconut cream
- 200g sweet potato, diced
- 500g chicken thigh, diced
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- 1 head of broccoli, riced
- 1 lime
- ¼ bunch coriander
- Halve chillies and remove seeds. Roughly chop along with lemongrass and blend with curry powder, garlic powder, turmeric and coconut oil until a paste forms.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pan and cook paste for two minutes or until it becomes fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, coconut cream, sweet potato and chicken and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sweet potato is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped, washed zucchini and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in spinach for last minute.
- To rice the broccoli, blitz it in a food processor until it resembles rice. Lightly sauté in coconut oil.
- Serve curry on top of broccoli rice and top with fresh coriander and a lime wedge.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.