Wheat flour, vegetable oil, raising agents, sugar, acidity regulator, preservatives – these are just a few ingredients you can expect to find in store-bought tortilla wraps, all of which have absolutely no nutritional value! The solution? These Three Ingredient Sweet Potato Tortillas that are absolute perfection every time, giving you a dose of fibre as well as vitamin A and C from our favourite carbohydrate source.
Ingredients (Makes 6)
- 2 cups steamed & mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sweet potato, flours and salt. Stir until a dough forms and roll into approximately 6 balls.
- Use 2 pieces of baking paper to roll out the dough into thin tortilla shaped circles, trying to keep the thickness consistent every time.
- Heat a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat and carefully peel and place dough into the pan.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bubbles form and it turns golden brown.
- Put aside to cool before diving in and adding your favourite toppings!
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.