A simple nutrient dense breakfast or an afternoon pre-training snack.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup, plus extra for topping
- 1 banana, for topping
- Crushed almonds, for topping
- Extras: coconut yogurt, cinnamon
- Soak chia seeds in coconut milk with vanilla pod and rice malt syrup overnight.
- Top with banana and crushed almonds. For extra flavour, add a touch more rice malt syrup, coconut yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Serving suggestion: swap banana for half a cup of berries for a low carb version for non-training days.
This is another taste of our latest ebook Real Meal for Athletes.
For those of you that are yet to grab your copy, in Real Meals for Athletes we also provide you with:
* The Why: your guide to real food;
* The What: information on building your plate, nutrient timing, satiety, fasted training and metabolic efficiency;
* The How: recipes and example days, including what meals to choose post-training for optimal recovery;
* More than twenty main meal ideas to fuel your week. Some are old favourites, but many are new ideas and combinations to keep you coming back for more.
Grab your copy here.