Here at The Natural Nutritionist we advocate eating an abundance of vegetables with the aim to try and eat as many different colours as possible. Eating a rainbow of vegetables is a great way to ensure your palate is never bored as well as providing your body with the variety of nutrients that it needs. Our Chicken Abundance Bowl fits the brief perfectly and is easy to pull together quickly, especially if you take the time to pre-spiralise the zucchini and carrot.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 300g free range chicken thighs, diced
- 2 zucchinis, spiralised
- 2 carrots, spiralised
- 1 corn cob
- 8 florets of broccoli
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 100g haloumi, sliced 5mm thick
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and lightly steam corn and broccoli until slightly softened. Remove corn kernals from the cob and set aside.
- Heat a fry-pan over medium heat and melt the oil. Add diced chicken and fry for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove from the pan and add haloumi, frying for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Spiralise zucchini and carrots into noodles.
- Take 2 bowls and place the chicken in the middle of each bowl. In segments place the remaining ingredients in the bowl: zucchini and carrot noodles, corn kernels, broccoli, lettuce and haloumi. Scatter coriander and squeeze the lime over the bowls. Season well.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.