Our Scrambled Eggs with Grilled Broccolini is a great start to your day. Containing Melrose MCT oil, grass-fed butter, olive oil and served with avocado, this dish includes plenty of good fats which all provide a natural source of anti-inflammatory properties as well as added benefits to both your heart and brain health.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4 eggs, free range
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil, optional
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- 40g spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add eggs, MCT oil, half the parsley and spinach. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- To a second bowl, add olive oil, remaining parsley and chilli flakes. Add broccolini and toss to combine. Season well.
- Heat a grill over a medium heat and add the broccolini. Grill for approximately 6 minutes, or until tender. Set aside in a warm place.
- Heat a small frypan over a medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, gently pour in egg mixture and using a wooden spoon or spatula gently push the egg mixture from side to side in the frypan. Continue doing this gently until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Season well and serve on two plates with grilled broccolini and sliced avocado.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.