This is one of the delicious recipes from our Postpartum Replenishment Program and such a great prepare in advance dish to make anyone’s life easier. It’s not just for postpartum though – the combination of good quality protein, organ meats, gut healing bone broth and vegetables creates a beautifully balanced meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves many!)
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely diced
- 1.5kg grass-fed beef mince, preferably organic
- 500g pasture raised pork mince, preferably organic
- 200g pasture raised chicken livers, frozen
- 1 cup beef bone broth or 1 tablespoon GevityRx dissolved in 250ml water
- 1 cup red wine, optional
- 1L tomato passata
- 400g diced tomatoes (100% tomatoes)
- 1 sachet tomato paste (no salt added)
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 zucchinis, finely diced or grated
- 2 carrots, finely diced or grated
- 12 button mushrooms, finely diced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan and lightly brown garlic and onion.
- Add mince and brown lightly, stirring throughout. It’s important to put a lot of TLC in here, to really break up the meat and allow it to cook evenly.
- Add grated chicken livers and cook to combine thoroughly.
- Add broth, wine, passata, tomatoes, tomato paste and bay leaves and simmer until most of liquid has evaporated.
- Added vegetables and stir through mince mixture. Allow to cool before transferring into glass BPA-free containers. Great added to zucchini noodles, chickpea pasta or GF pasta, and we’ll have more ideas to share with you to come!
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe, learn more here.
Image shot by Elyse Lagos from Captured Wellness.