My Sugar Free Coconut Rough has taken a back seat. This little gem is perfect to satisfy any sweet tooth. It literally takes two minutes to make and thirty minutes to freeze, so provided your pantry is stocked, you can literally whip up a batch now. What I love the most about it is that it’s impossible to overeat. Coconut oil is great like that – truly one of my favourite things. Enjoy.
- ½ cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons of each of the following:
- Rice Malt Syrup
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Flakes
- Nut Butter (your choice; omit for nut allergy)
- Maca Powder (optional*)
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into a lined tin and freeze for 30 minutes. (It also works well in silicon moulds or an ice cube tray.)
- Slice, break with your hands, stab with a knife – do whatever you need to do to get your hands of a piece of heaven. It does melt quickly, so it’s best eaten straight from the freezer or fridge.
* I use Loving Earth Maca Powder but if you don’t have any, this recipe is just as delicious without.