These Pumpkin & Feta Fritters are life changing. The perfect breakfast alternative to bread – nutrient dense, all natural and preservative free. They are even nut free, so perfectly lunchbox and allergy friendly. Make a batch this weekend and kickstart Monday with nourishing whole foods.
Ingredients (Makes 6)
- 2 cups grated raw pumpkin
- ¼ cup goat’s feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon psyllium*
- 1 large handful coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 2 eggs, free range
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil, for shallow frying
- To a large bowl, add grated pumpkin, feta, coconut flour, psyllium, coriander and chilli flakes.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add to the above mixture. Combine well.
Form medium balls, molding each well with your hands.
Heat coconut oil in a small frypan, flatten the fritters and shallow fry, flipping half way with an egg-flip. Repeat for additional fritters, adding more coconut oil each time. If you are just serving one, you may like to store remaining fritters in the fridge and fry fresh as required. Leftovers will keep for a couple of days.
*Yes, you need psyllium. Grab some from your local health food store or the health food section of the supermarket.
I love my Pumpkin & Feta Fritters with served with poached eggs, avocado mash and fresh spinach. How will you have yours?
For more fritters ideas: