Pumpkin is one of my favourite anti-inflammatory foods. It is packed full antioxidants and high in beta-carotene, both of which are integral for our cell health and offer protective qualities to our skin and lungs. This Savoury Pumpkin Loaf is delicious toasted with organic butter and the perfect toast substitute, served with eggs, avocado, fresh rocket and lemon. Simple, healthy and delicious – add this to your list today.
Ingredients (Makes 10-12 serves)
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup linseed, sunflower and almond meal (LSA)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium
- 2 teaspoons GF baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 small handful pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove skin and slice pumpkin in small pieces. Steam until soft, mash and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, LSA, psyllium, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add to the flour mix.
- Add the oil, rice malt syrup and mashed pumpkin and combine thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased bread tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spread with extra rice malt syrup and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Return to the oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or a skewer inserted comes out clean. This will obviously be dependent on your oven, so make sure you check your bread regularly.