I’m here to make gluten free and refined sugar free eating easy for you. Follow this muffin blend recipe and you really can get as creative as you want. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. I started just like you – I literally had one staple recipe I made every week until I eventually stepped outside of my comfort zone, and started with a little trial and error. You can do it too. Dive in.
- 2½ cups gluten free flour – I personally like all almond flour, or a 4:1 blend of almond to coconut flour
- 1-2 teaspoons spice – cinnamon or nutmeg work best!
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ¼ cup natural sweetness – rice malt syrup, honey or natvia. Read here for help with your decision!
- ¼ cup oil – my favourite is definitely coconut oil, but organic butter works just as well
- 4 free range eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups of your choice of fruit/vegetable
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour, spice and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the sweetness, oil and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully fold in the fruit and/or vegetables. If the mixture is very thick, add ½ cup of water and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin tins (10-12).
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Best served warm. Enjoy!
Below is a list of my favourite combinations, but I’d absolutely love you to share yours! Please post below xx
- 1 cup of raspberries + ½ cup coconut
- 1½ cups mashed banana
- 1 cup grated zucchini + ½ cup mashed banana
- 1½ cups mashed pumpkin