In summer, salads are an easy way to eat your greens. In winter, it’s soups and stirfries. This super easy Green Vegie Slice is a winner all year round. It literally takes five minutes to prepare and is packed full of nutrients. Simple food at its finest.
Ingredients (Makes 6 serves)
- 1 zucchini
- ½ bunch broccolini
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond or macadamia nut flour
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blend or finely chop vegies and add to a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs and add to the bowl with oil and flour. Stir well and season to taste.
- Pour into a greased quiche tin or pan and pop in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Delicious warm or cold and will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days. Great for a main with sides, as a snack, or even a pre-prepared breakfast idea perhaps?
I’ve kept this recipe simple on purpose – so use it as a great base and add whatever greens you like. Please feel free to share your fantastic combos below.