Simple, nutrient dense and delicious is the best way to describe this Sweet Potato Hash Stack. Perfect to prep in advance and with just a few basic ingredients, your lunches will be sorted for the week ahead!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled & grated
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs, free range
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 3-4 rashers pasture-raised bacon
- 1 avocado, peeled & de-pitted
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 2 handfuls spinach
- To a large bowl, add grated sweet potato, spring onion, almond meal, eggs, onion powder, ground oregano and sea salt.
- Stir to combine and form into 4 medium balls. Press with a spatula to flatten into hash browns and set aside.
- In a medium frypan, add coconut oil and fry bacon. Set aside once cooked to your liking.
- Using the same pan that you cooked the bacon in, add sweet potato hashes and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Create avocado smash, by mashing together the avocado and lime juice, season and set aside.
- You are now ready to assemble your stack. Start with a sweet potato hash, followed by spinach, avocado smash, tomato, bacon and top with another sweet potato hash. Enjoy.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.