I’ll be honest, I’ve never really been into Brussel sprouts. Until now. The thought of blanching them brings up memories of my calorie counting, fat-phobic, restrictive dieting years (yes, I was once there too, although it’s nearly a decade ago now). The answer? Bacon, of course. Combined with grass-fed butter and pine nuts, this dish is nutrient dense, simple to prepare, and honestly the best way to get anyone to fall in love with Brussel sprouts. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 12 Brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 slices good-quality bacon
- 1 handful pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash thoroughly and peel the outer leaves from the Brussel sprouts.
- Chop larger sprouts in quarters and smaller ones into halves. Toss well with butter and season to taste.
- Transfer onto a foil-lined baking tray and top with finely diced bacon and pine nuts. Roast for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes to ensure your dish cooks evenly. Best served warm as a delicious side dish to your choice of protein.
What’s your favourite way to eat Brussel sprouts? Share your inspiration below!