In case you needed another reason to eat more tahini, let us introduce to you – our Black Tahini Cookies.
Did you know that in Eastern culture, black sesame seeds are considered a lactation aid and are rich in B vitamins, which are perfect for physical replenishment postpartum? Nature continues to be the most powerful source of health.
Ingredients (Makes 10 cookies)
- 1/2 cup black tahini
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla essence
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, to garnish
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine tahini, rice malt syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir until completely melted and combined.
- In a mixing bowl add almond meal, gluten baking powder and salt. Add wet mix to dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Roll dough mixture into balls and flatten into cookies. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and press them down to secure into each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn off the oven and allow to sit for a further 5 minutes in the oven for a crunchier texture.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!