This recipe is what we like to call a Can’t Be Bothered Cooking (CBBC) recipe, a simple Mum-hack dinner because we understand it’s not always easy getting dinner on the table! There’s still a little cooking involved, however this really is our go-to when the week has gotten all-too-much. Although simple to make, it still provides all the nutrients you need to support a growing family and will leave you feeling more than satisfied.
We love putting a TNN twist on your favourite (not-so-healthy) meals – let us know what you’d like us to create next in the comments section!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 grass-fed ready-made beef patties
- 4 gluten free burger buns (e.g. GF Precinct)
- 4 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 60g rocket
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar Free Tomato Sauce
- 600g sweet potato, cut into 5mm thick chips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of melted oil, sweet potato chips, cumin, paprika and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Toss to combine and transfer to baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of oil, followed by onion. Stir for 3-4 minutes of until just softened. Add balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, stirring for another couple of minutes until caramelised. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan add remaining oil and cook beef patties to your liking.
- You are now ready to assemble your burgers. Top each burger bun base with avocado, beef pattie, onion, tomato, carrot, rocket and Sugar Free Tomato Sauce alongside sweet potato chips. Enjoy.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.