I have an abundance of pumpkin in my garden at the moment, so naturally pumpkin soup is on the menu for the cooler months. While nothing quite beats soup and bread, I aim to pair this meal with adequate protein for optimal blood sugar control and satiety. Something as simple a leftover cooked protein or tuna on buckwheat cakes does the trick for me. Enjoy.
Healing Pumpkin Coconut Curry Soup
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon organic curry powder
- 6 cups pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- ½ can organic coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coriander, optional
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and stir for 5 minutes before adding bone broth and lime juice.
- Season and simmer, covered for 15 minutes. Remove lid and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth and return to pan, stir through coconut cream and serve with chopped coriander.