Donuts and low carbohydrate definitely don’t go hand-in-hand but with a bit of trial and error and motivation to give you a donut fix without the guilt, it’s most certainly achievable. Let us present to you, our Low Carb Cinnamon Donuts! Gluten free, refined sugar free, low in carbohydrates and absolutely delicious.
What are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and let us know what you think.
Ingredients (Makes 6)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs, free range
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener
- Preheat oven to 170°C and grease donut moulds (or muffin tray).
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Add coconut oil and egg mix to dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Add mixture into donut moulds, three-quarters full (as they will rise).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and springy to the touch.
- For the cinnamon coating, stir together cinnamon and monk fruit sweetener. Heat honey for a thin consistency and brush the donuts (this will act as a glue). Sprinkle with cinnamon mix and enjoy!
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.