We’ve put a healthy spin on this much loved Italian dessert and it’s the perfect sweet treat to impress your guests. Made with coconut milk and coconut yoghurt it’s a fantastic dairy free alternative that’s just as creamy and delicious as the real thing. Paired with turmeric and grass fed gelatin, which promotes digestion, skin health, and contains anti-inflammatory properties you can feel good about serving this naturally sweetened treat to your friends and family.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- ½ tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk (we use Pure Harvest Coco Quench)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon grass fed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- Lightly oil six panna cotta moulds with coconut oil.
- Place milk, turmeric and rice malt syrup in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until well combined. Allow to cool and transfer to a large jug.
- Place hot water in a small bowl and gently add the gelatin to the water, stirring vigorously, until the gelatin dissolves.
- Whisk the gelatin into the turmeric milk mixture.
- Add the yoghurt and continuing whisking until well combined.
- Pour into the moulds and place into the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- To serve, run a butter knife around the edge of the mould to loosen the panna cotta and turn out into your bowl. The panna cotta should have a slight wobble to it! Serve with your choice of berries and nuts and seeds.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.