This recipe is a gem. The cinnamon and nutmeg are the most divine additions to add variety to a standard Bolognese. So simple and great for leftovers tomorrow, or frozen for later in the week. Grain free, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, low carb and delicious! A perfect winter warmer.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g grass-fed beef mince
- 400g can diced tomatoes (100% tomatoes)
- 1 sachet tomato paste (no salt added)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 2 zucchinis
- 4 celery stalks
- ½ avocado mashed, or 1 large dollop of guacamole
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan and lightly brown garlic.
- Add mince and lightly brown, stirring throughout.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, cinnamon, nutmeg, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, turn off heat and set aside.
- Chop celery and stir through mince mixture.
- Spiralize, or slice zucchinis to your desired thickness. Lightly steam or leave raw.
- Serve zucchini “spaghetti” in a bowl, top with Bolognese and avocado or guacamole.