Who said you couldn’t get broth into your breaky? Broth of Life provides you with a dehydrated bone broth making it convenient to have anywhere or anytime. It’s versatility means you are only limited by your imagination as to how you use it!
If you have a little extra time for breakfast this weekend, why not try our Baked Eggs with Pumpkin? Not only will it be ready in under 30 minutes, it is also nourishing and contains plenty of good fats, gut healing properties and is guaranteed to kick start your day!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 30g grass-fed butter or 1 tablespoon Broth of Life Brellow
- 100g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 baby fennel bulb, sliced
- 3 stalks broccolini, sliced
- 1/2 cup kale, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 teaspoon Broth of Life dehydrated chicken broth
- 15g goat’s feta
- 2 eggs, free range
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter or brellow in a small frypan over medium heat. Sauté the pumpkin and cinnamon for 6-8 minutes, or until pumpkin is golden.
- Add fennel and broccolini and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until fennel is golden and broccoli has softened.
- Add kale, water and broth and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until kale has wilted slightly. Dot the feta on top of the vegie mix.
- Make two holes in the mixture and crack one egg in each hole. Season well and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- To serve, top with avocado and sauerkraut
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.