Gluten free, sugar free, high protein and delicious. This Paleo Quiche is a must-add to your weekly meal plan. Just divine served with a side salad of green leaves, feta and roasted pine nuts. You really are what you eat.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 small mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 handful semi sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 handful spinach, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the base, combine the flours with the baking powder and salt.
- Beat and add the eggs and the stir through the oil.
- Combine the mixture thoroughly with your hands and carefully press into a lightly greased quiche dish. A little TLC goes a long way with this, so take your time to spread the “dough” evenly over the base and sides of your dish.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- To make the filling, beat the eggs and stir through the vegies.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour onto the lightly cooked base.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!