Grain Free Fried Rice has become a huge staple in my kitchen. This recipe is packed full of vegetables and gives you the flexibility for the addition of more protein. It’s great with diced bacon, chicken thighs or even beef. I’ve kept this recipe vegetarian to cater for most, but I’d love to hear what additions you make.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 cups raw cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 button mushroom, sliced
- ¼ green capsicum, diced
- ½ bunch broccolini, chopped
- ½ cup fresh peas
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, or tamari if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 free range eggs, whisked
- To make cauliflower rice, wash, de-stem and dice a whole cauliflower into small pieces. Blitz in a food processor until it resembles rice. Depending on the size of your processor, you may need to split this step into two or three to ensure you don’t end up with cauliflower mash.
- Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil to a non-stick frypan and lightly brown garlic.
- Add chilli and green vegetables and stir well.
- Add coconut aminos, fish sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add cauliflower rice and sauté for two to three minutes, keeping vegetables crunchy.
- Serve into two bowls.
- Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil and add eggs. Cook until a soft pancake forms and transfer onto a plate. Dice into small pieces and stir through bowls of fried rice. Enjoy.
Image: Sarah Craven Photography.