Good carbohydrates from banana plus protein and good fats from the eggs and almond flour – these muffins are just divine. The addition of cinnamon is ideal to regulate blood sugar levels, and zucchini is rich in fibre, antioxidants and potassium, just to name a few. And the best thing about them? They take only 10 minutes to whip up, can be frozen and are ideal fuel for a long ride.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 small banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add to dry mix.
- Add oil and rice malt syrup, ensuring all of the dry mix has taken up the liquid.
- Add the zucchini and banana and combine well.
- Scoop into a greased muffin tins and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Best served warm – just try and resist one straight out of the oven.