Bread gets a bad wrap. And sometimes, rightly so. After all, we all know how bad sugar is. Gluten free (GF) bread, and GF products in general, can also fall into this category due to the addition of corn starch, rice starch, tapioca starch or potato starch – all products we need to avoid due to the similar detrimental effect to our blood sugar.
“But I lovvvve bread?” I hear you say. Trust me..so do I! It’s one of my favourite foods in the world. So here’s the solution: my All Natural Low Carb Gluten Free Bread. With less than five grams of carbohydrate per serve, it’s perfect for everyone. I love mine with minted avocado and feta mash with a poached egg for a high protein breakfast – the perfect start to your day! I’d love to hear your feedback, so please post below.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup linseed, sunflower & almond meal (LSA)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blend almond flour, coconut flour, LSA, salt and baking powder together. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- Add the eggs, oil, rice malt syrup and ACV and mix thoroughly.
- Let sit until the liquid absorbs.
- Scoop into a greased bread tin and bake for 30 minutes*.
- Cool, slice into 12 serves & enjoy!
* A narrow bread tin works best to give your bread more height and better sized slices.