I can’t go past a smoothie. When you get the balance of macronutrients right, it should provide you with a nutrient dense meal that fuels you for four or more hours. To do this, at least two portions of good fats and two cups of green vegetables with your good quality protein powder. Be careful of smoothies with acai powder and excessive amounts of fruit, as the sugar content will leave you unsatisfied, hungry and craving more.
The addition of Bare Blends Organic Matcha Green Tea Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) to your smoothie is the perfect way to include health-promoting tea catchetins, chlorophyll and amino acids. Matcha green tea is ideal to boost your metabolism, support detoxification, accelerate exercise recovery and enhance your concentration. Grab yours here today.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup organic coconut cream
- ½ cup blueberries*
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 serve (30g) Bare Blends Organic Matcha Green Tea WPI
- 1 tray ice
- Add water and chia seeds to the blender and let sit for 15 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add avo, coconut cream, blueberries, spinach, cashew butter and ice and blend well.
- Add cinnamon and WPI and blend until thick but smooth.
- Pour into a glass or jar and enjoy.
Image: Sarah Craven Photography.
*I mostly use frozen and buy organic from The Leaf Store. Check the freezer of your local health food store.