Let’s face it, sometimes we eat on the go. While it’s not ideal, the key is to have a healthy option prepared so there’s no need for gluten or sugar laden traditional breakfast options. This Blueberry Breakfast Bread is gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free, and makes a great snack too! It’s delicious on its own, but I love to serve it warm with lashings of organic grass-fed butter, or topped with coconut cream and cinnamon. You?
- 2 cups hazelnut meal*
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, free range
- 2 bananas, mashed**
- 2 tablespoons Pure Harvest rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted – I use Coconut Revolution
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add hazelnut meal, buckwheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ACV and salt to a large bowl. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add to the above mixture.
- Add bananas, rice malt syrup and coconut oil and stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Carefully fold through blueberries ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Transfer into a well greased bread and cook for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Makes 10-12 slices and freezes well.
*This recipe can not be made nut free.
**Substitute bananas for ¼ cup rice malt syrup if you wish.
Stay tuned for a Savoury Breakfast Bread – coming soon!