Nothing says a long weekend like our Clean Pavlova and when it looks and tastes this good you won’t want to miss out!
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 75ml rice malt syrup
- 25ml water
- 400ml canned coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 100g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 100°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine rice malt syrup and water in a small pan and slowly heat until it reaches 121°C.
- In a clean and dry bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Slowly pour in the syrup and beat at a medium speed until the meringue has cooled and is thick and glossy. This should take approximately 8 minutes.
- Transfer the meringue mixture onto the baking tray. Do not spread it, simply dollop onto the tray. Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 90 minutes, or until the outside is crunchy and the inside is still soft. Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova to cool inside.
- Meanwhile, turn the can of cold coconut milk upside down and open. Pour out the liquid into a container. This can be used in your next smoothie or omelette. Scoop out the hardened milk into a mixing bowl and add the vanilla. Using an egg beater, whip until light and fluffy.
- Place the meringue onto a serving plate. Top with the cream and berries and enjoy.