How good is vegetable soup? This Creamy Vegetable Soup is a lower carb option and the perfect way to squeeze extra vegetables into your winter days.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 3 cups water or broth
- ½ large cauliflower, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 2 zucchinis, washed and diced
- 2 carrots, washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 400ml can organic coconut cream
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add water, vegetables, herbs and spices. Simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth and return to pan, add coconut cream and heat slowly until hot. Taste test and feel free to add more spice if desired.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.