This is my absolute favourite recipe from The Real Food Athlete. I’ve decided to share it with you today because perhaps you’ve been thinking about going low carb, but feel that means you will have to miss out on your favourite foods? Definitely not. There’s always a way to turn your favourites into a healthy alternative.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 eggs, free range
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon tapioca
- ½ teaspoon psyllium
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the bun, whisk eggs and combine well in a large bowl with all other ingredients. Add a touch more coconut flour if your mixture is too wet.
- Split mixture into two and spoon into pattie sized mounds on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon to create the shape and size you desire.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway.
- Serve with your favourite fillings.
I love my burgers with a wagyu beef pattie, avocado, egg, Sugar Free Tomato Sauce and as much fresh salad as I can squeeze in! Gloriously messy and delicious. How will you serve yours?