If you’ve never tried Baba Ganoush then this is a sign to get in the kitchen and give it a go!
The combination of eggplant and tahini in this recipe means it is packed with antioxidants and rich in B vitamins to boost energy and brain function. This dip is smoky in flavour, creamy and slightly chunky in texture and perfect paired with some vegetable sticks or seed crackers.
Ingredients (Serves 8-10)
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice eggplant into 1.5 cm rounds and sprinkle with sea salt (this process will drain out excess liquid and bring out the flavour of your eggplant). Place the eggplant in a colander or strainer and let this process take place for approximately 20 minutes. Rinse and then pat dry with paper towel.
- Place eggplant on a lined baking tray and spray with olive oil. Roast the eggplant for 30-40 minutes or until very tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend to desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.