Our Slow Cooked Pork with Chilli Brussel Sprouts was such a hit, we decided to come up with another way for you to use up your leftovers and create a tasty gut-friendly sweet potato dish. We are all about making the most out of leftovers here at TNN, so we thought we’d show you how to put a tasty spin on them. And besides, who doesn’t love sweet potato?
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, skin on
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup slow cooked pulled pork (from Slow Cooked Pork with Chilli Brussel Sprouts)
- 200g Tuscan kale, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and rub each with ½ the coconut oil and season well with cinnamon and salt.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, turn over and bake for a further 25 minutes or until tender.
- In a frypan, heat the remaining oil and sauté the pulled pork, carrot and kale together.
- Cut baked sweet potato in half, season well and top with pork mixture and sauerkraut. Season well.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.