Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 eggs, free range
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1-2 bananas, sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Rice malt syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and stir though milk.
- Add flours, cacao powder and sea salt to the above mixture and stir well with a whisk.
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick pan and slowly pour in one quarter of the batter.
- Cook until lightly brown on both sides. Repeat for the rest of the mixture. You may like to add a touch more coconut oil to the pan before each crepe.
- Top with peanut butter, banana, coconut flakes, cinnamon and rice malt syrup.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.