If you have been following TNN for a while you may have picked up on the fact that we love our cauliflower and broccoli rice. It’s such a nutrient dense option to accompany any main meal and is just as tasty as rice in our opinion! This fried rice is jam packed with vegetables and bursting with asian flavours. The best part? You don’t even have to feel guilty about going for seconds. Take our word for it and give it a try this week!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ head broccoli, floreted
- ½ head cauliflower, floreted
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 rashers pasture raised bacon, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 eggs, free range, lightly beaten
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Pulse the cauliflower and broccoli in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- In a large fry pan or wok, heat ½ tablespoon coconut oil and pour the eggs in. Cook as you would an omelette and once removed from the pan, dice into small pieces.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil and quickly stir-fry the bacon, onion, garlic and chilli until browned.
- Add in capsicum, carrot and peas and continue to stir-fry until tender.
- Add cauliflower and broccoli rice and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tamari and fish sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss through diced egg, serve into four bowls and top with chopped coriander.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.